Re: Tech Help ?

On Tue, 15 Jun 1999 11:12:06 -0700 "Schuster, Robert"
<RSchuster@radynecomstream.com> writes:
>I know i'm throwin a big one out there but, i'm new on the circuit.
>here goes: I'm looking for advice on mods/upgrades for 88 16v, while
>maintaining
>daily drivability??? so far here's what i got:
>10" drilled/slotted front disc's,
>neuspd springs, boge turbogas susp,

For suspension you might want to upgrade the swaybars. Makes driving on
the street alot of fun while still retaining drivability.

>Techtonics exhaust (catback)...all else is stock..
>some things that need immediate attention are electrical and
>lighting.(bad ground).,plug wires and distributor, rear brakes, leaky
gas tank
>(possible recall ?)..any suggestions.???
>
>ROB
>8816V

Hmm, relays might be a good cheap lighting upgrade. I could show you how
if you like. Plug wires and distributor? I can understand needing new
plug wires, whats wrong with the distributor? Is there oil in the cap?
Whats wrong with the rear brakes?

For the leaky gas tank, you might want to call any VW dealer and ask them
if your car has had the fuel tank recall performed. You will need the VIN
number off of the car to tell them. Its a quick and simple process to
find out.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and