Re: Suspension upgrades

---Dan <dan@angband.org> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> After a trip which took over the washboard-like interstate 81 in western
> PA, I have decided its definitly time for some shocks. I still feel
> seasick... Anyway, I'm looking at Boge Progas shocks. I may keep the stock
> springs, but I'm considering picking up a set of used HOR Tech springs.
> Anyone care to comment on this setup in general, either with the stock or
> HOR springs?
>
> Dan

I have had personal experience with the Boge Progas/Hor spring combo, it
rode well initially, but progressed to a _really_ rough pounding ride as
the springs sagged, the car settled onto the front bumpstops, and beat the
crap out of the shocks.  If you're going to run lowering springs (and my
advice would be to find something other then the Hor's) and want to use
a Boge shock then the Turbogas are the ones to get.  The Progas (probably
stands for Progressive) have different shock valving zones, and lowering
springs put the stock into quite a stiff setting, which isn't very
comfortable at all.  Get H&R springs and be happy is my advice.  Pair them
with Bilsteins or Konis if can afford it and never look back. (probably Boge
Turbogas if you cannot afford the others, but both Bilstein and Koni's have
a lifetime replacement warranty) Best  (non-custom shock/non- coilover)
suspension combo for the least amount of money...nothing else measures up to
one of these combinations IMHO.

==Brett