HELP!! Stranded 'rocco

Hey guys, had to leave the car down town last night, cause I couldn't
figure out what was wrong..If anyone has any ideas, I would MUCH
appreicate the feedback!  Here is the scenario...

Drove about 15 miles of freeway/stop and go, car (87 8v) ran fine, idled
fine everything.  Got to a park, got out...was gone for 3 hours.  When I
went to leave, the car started, but the idle was SO low (about 100) that
it died....I was suprised, so started it again to the same effect...but
this time revved it up to see if it would regulate...nope...when I let
off the gas it would go back to 100 and then die.  So I thought I'd just
limp it home...started it again...kept it revved and drove about 1/2
mile and it seemed to drive fine until I took my foot off the gas...then
would just drop....  So I pulled over to adjust the throttle cable so it
would at least idle to get it home... I did when I started it it revved
to about 2000 and slooowly went down, down, down, down until it went to
100 and died.  When I tried to start it again...nothing...it would turn
over fine...and then catch...like it wanted to start, but never
start.... I readjusted the throttle linkage, thinking maybe I just had
it to hi.  Same thing wouldn't start.

I checked the fuel pump fuse...and in-line fuel pump...(also check to
make sure i had gas..) all checked out fine.   Disconnected the
coil...but then it woulnd't even catch (which tells me that the coil is
working). I'm thinking its fuel related but have NO idea what.

Please drop a line if you have an idea...i need to get it home!

Thanks,

Jared Erlandson
87 8v (currently parked at the beach)
Seattle, WA