Re: broken cat

"Schuster, Robert" wrote:

>  the rear adapter hole of my cat conv. just broke off where my TT exhaust
> pipe mates up..(sounds pretty mean)..i have been getting quoted ridiculous
> prices for new part. any suggestions from the field, i just moved to san
> diego and have not had car smogged yet, what if any are alternative
> options..also, can i rip that heat shield off, it rattles amd humms and
> drives me crazy.???
> Thanks.
> Rob Schuster (first time caller)
> 88 16v

Foist I'd check with the List's preferred parts suppliers. If they don't
got then consider the following:

Disclamer-

This ain't 'zaktly what you asked for, but it's better than nothing;
_________________________
CATALYTIC CONVERTER (ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT): $150.00

CONVERTIBLE 80-87
RABBIT SEDAN / PICKUP 77-84
SCIROCCO (8 VALVE) 77-86
JETTA 80-84
FOX 87-90

<http://www.wolfsport.com/joe/joe.htm>

ANY QUESTIONS? e-mail Us!  <mailto:techinfo@wolfsport.com>

©1998 German Auto Salvage Inc. dba WOLFsport
1453 4th St. Berkeley, CA 94710
Ph: 1-800-342-8669
Fax: 1-510-525-4590

rev. 2/9/97