Re: HEating

On Mon, 14 Jun 1999 10:58:37 -0400 "Michael Friesen"
<mfriesen@sympatico.ca> writes:
>So how do I fix this?  (I really need to get a Bentley.  I have a
>Haynes manual, but it doesn't cover enough.)
>

>Mike

I didn't have time earlier to get into details or I would have for you.
:)

What you can try is this:
Find the heater control valve. Its located in the engine bay, towards the
firewall behind and to the right of the head. Its to the left of the
brake master cylinder. (Just follow the heater hoses)
It has a control cable (Push-pull) that connects to it. You can select
(Or have somebody else do it while you watch.) the temp to hot then go
look at where the lever is on the heater control valve. Then move the
lever to cold. Look at where the lever moved to. Sometimes the lever
doesn't close fully and you can just push the lever (on the heater
control valve) by hand. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.
If not, you need a new one.

Give that a try.
HTH!!

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and