Re: [Q] Drive flange seals

On Mon, 14 Jun 1999 04:00:46 -0400 Slink <slink1@jps.net> writes:
>I'm in the process of changing the seals on my transaxle (seeing some
>people in here makes it seem like crime to say "tranny") and I would
>like to know is it necessary to take off the drive flange to replace the
>drive flange seal, center plug and circlip.  Also, I would like to get
>some tips on the procedure (more life experience than bentley textbook
>protocol).  Any help would be appreciated.
>
>slink 85 scirocco wolfburg ed.

Tranny, tranny, tranny. So?
Eh.
You will need to compress the drive flanges to remove the clip. Once the
clip is removed the drive flange comes right off of the tranny. There is
a stiff spring behind the drive flange so a special tool is required to
compress the drive flange in the tranny.
GL!

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and