From: Majordomo [mailto:majord@neubayern.net]On Behalf Of Andre'
Bjorkheim
Sent: Sunday, June 13, 1999 2:24 PM
To: Scirocco List
Subject: Re: [Euro Lights][Wiring]

Mark Madison wrote:

> Sorry Andre... I gotta agree with Gordon's reason a little more than
yours.
> although there is more surface area.. there isn't any reason why electrons
> would flow better on the surface of a wire than through the core.. or you
> could argue hole flow... whichever is your preferred theory.  solid core
> wire is a better conductor..but multistranded wire flexes better.  I'd
> use a multistrand for this application because of the likelyhood that the
> wires would be flexed a bit when changing bulbs and stuff like that.

   Regardless of flexibility, I thought that stranded wire would always
provide better current flow, at least my employer who is an electrician
goes by that theory.  I was also taught that in school.  Why would the
Fosgate monster wire be so fine if it werent for maximum amperage?  This
is assuming electron flow on the surface.