RE: [Euro Lights][Wiring]

hehe I love this...
not to be a total snob.. but I have learned from my experience with
electricians that they know next to nothing about electrical theory.
give them a pair of wire cutters and some tape and they can fix
anything.. but ask them why it works sometimes and they say who cares
it works doesn't it?
and of course.. it IS theory....  nothing I say or he can say about
electron flow or hole flow can or has been proved beyond a doubt.

okay... I have fairly good credentials here.. not to brag but I've
had TONS of electrical theory crammed down my throat and no place
have I learned that electrical current is more likely to flow on
the surface than it is in the core of the wire.  think about what
it is that is happening... electrons are being pushed or pulled
or forced or for whatever reason transferred from one atom molecule to the
next... of course there is hole flow where the actual space that the
electron can take up will actually be transfered in the other
direction. okay next we look at the surface of the copper wire or
whatever wire you want to look at.. what makes this part of the wire
different than the rest of the wire (the core)? NOTHING.
copper is copper is copper.. or whatever you want to make the wire out
of.... actually if you think about it... the actual surface of a wire
might be LESS likely to transfer electrons.... impurites from oxidation
and corrosion.. what little there might be.. would cause electron flow
to be less likely.  Maybe what he was talking about is the more surface
area you can attach a stranded wire to.. that would allow more current
flow from the wire to the surface its mounted to.. but not through the
actual wire itself..   stranded wire would flatten and touch a surface
better when smashed in a connector or under a screw or something..

Mark