Re: [Euro Lights][Wiring]

Tyler Zachau wrote:

> I am getting ready to install my new Euro lights and was just wondering
> about what kind of wire to use for it. I was planning on using 10 guage
> wire, but should I use multi-strand wire (like the stuff used for car
> stereos) or like wire that consists of one big phat copper wire (for like
> home electrical wiring)?

   Use multistranded.  It can handle more current (more surface area on
stranded vs solid for the electrons to flow) than the solid wire.  As
for 10 guage wire, I personally think that is overkill, but if you are
using a single wire to power all the lights (for the relays I mean) then
10 guage might be appropriate.  I used 4 seperate power wires for my 4
relays, and in my setup I think I actually used 14 guage wire.  I found
that 12 guage wire wouldnt fit into the stock White headlight plug that
I had.  Plus, 14 guage wire can handle at least 20 amps for the short
pieces I used, in fact I think I could probably put 30amps through them
without hardly any loses.  Goto you local hardware store and pick up a
reference guide cuz it will probably list automotive wire guages and the
max current you can run through them.  Just remember to try to keep your
wires as short as possible to minimize voltage drop.