Re: News and Questions

At 11:10 PM 6/12/99 -0400, you wrote:
>I decided to test the O2 sensor this afternoon.

It is possible to clean an old sensor, but not simple.  See the FAQs
on Jans' page.

>Qs:  1)  Is there a cheaper way to clean a K&N filter than buying the spray?

Any high quality soap, but some will eat the damn fiber.  I just use
the cleaner.  Its available here in car shops on sale.

>2)  Is adding an Audi throttle body and port-matched intake going to
improve mileage as well as performance?  (my car begs for air over 110 kph)

No.  Experience showed me this.  However it did reduce emissions
for me (oddly)   However the milage reduction may have been more
of me running at WOT more often. ^_^

>3)  Does anyone else know why the console and gauge cluster get really hot

Doesn't happen to me since I changed out my vacuum system's busted
parts, and painted the firewall with ceramic paint to reduct heat
from the racing header.  Course' the car weighs 16lbs more now.

Recurve your JH based car's dist.  Unless canada got the euro fuel
computer. (doubtful)

Ed