News and Questions

I decided to test the O2 sensor this afternoon.  I unplugged it and started
the car.  The idle was smoother and the exhaust didn't smell anymore.  I
plugged it back in to compare and verified the observations.  So I unplugged
it and drove 20 miles.  Now it has better performance, smells better and I
hope it has better mileage.  So now to buy a new sensor.

Qs:  1)  Is there a cheaper way to clean a K&N filter than buying the spray?

2)  Is adding an Audi throttle body and port-matched intake going to improve
mileage as well as performance?  (my car begs for air over 110 kph)

3)  Does anyone else know why the console and gauge cluster get really hot
after driving for a while?  Is there some sort of leak from teh engine
compartment?

4)  Which cars benefit from a euro (curved) distributor upgrade?  (I have an
85 8V)

Anyway, that's enough for now.

Mike