Re: Cali Smog Standards? (was SF meet?)

takhisis@ix.netcom.com wrote:

> Since you're from LA, maybe you can answer this question:  I bought my 86 in
> Thousand Oaks maybe a month or so ago.  When we went to smog the car, it
> failed, and the guy smogging it did some crazy stuff that they don't do up
> here.  Once we got the timing adjusted (the culprit) the smog place was
> closed and it was nearing 7:30PM so no other smog place would be open.  So I
> drove the car home!  I'm finding out that I have to get it smogged in an
> 'Advanced Emissions' zone before I can register it up here.  Would you
> happen to know the northern most place I can get smogged?  It seems silly to
> have to drive all the way to LA just to get a smog test, as fun as that
> would be!

Hmm, I remember from way back that some counties have tougher standards than
others, but I thought that most/all of the bay area counties were under the
same rules as LA..??  If so you should have no problem smogging it up there.
Anybody else here know for sure?

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 Scirocco 16V 2.0