Re: 2.2

At 09:37 AM 6/11/99 -0600, Night Shadow wrote:

>I've always wondered if anyone would stick one of those motors into their
>VW, considering that the Omni was a A1 Chassis and has the SAME engine
>mounts...(yes thats right, Dodge was buying VW chassis!)
>
>Eric
I'm surprised nobody had either, but having known people who owned them it
won't be me.  Too many problems with engines and electrical systems.
As far as VW selling stuff to Dodge- I've never heard much more(like
official VW) about that but it was about that time that VW bought and
started their Westmoreland Pa plant which was and
uncompleted........yes.....Dodge plant.  Hmmm.  Makes you wonder.

John Worden
Old Town, Maine

'98 Dodge Dakota 4x4
'81 Volkswagen Scirocco(mk1) soon to be 2.0 16V
'69 MGB- in need of total resoration(needs some front fenders too)