Re: Shifter Bushings

A3 bushing work good as long as you break the locating tab off of
it.  You can get them at the dealer # 191-711-067.  Many people on
the list have put them in & had good luck.

HTH
Potterman

> Maybe this subject has been discussed before............if so, I had a brain fart and do
> not remember.  Problem is that my headers on both rocs put off a lot of heat and are
> very close to the shifter linkage and as a result I go through bushings much too often.
> Is there a source for replacement bushings that hold up under heat better than the
> run of the mill replacement bushings?  They are cheap, but it is a hassle to replace
> them every 6 to 12 months.
>
> Dale
> 86.5 2.0 16v Scirocco
> 82 2.1 16v Scirocco (Zender 400 w/NOS)

Mike Potter
a.k.a. Potterman
virtualworld@earthlink.net
http://www.parts4vws.com
(714)663-2434
Check out the GTI-VR6 racing team/One Lap of America
www.menox.com/onelap & www.onelapofamerica.com