Re: New Scirocco owner

1982 Sciroccos have the heavy body and the weak engine. That's why it's
not very fast. Stick a 1.8L motor in there and you'll be much happier.
The 1.7L (what's in your car) is one of the worst engines VW ever made.
It's pretty much because of the small valve head that it has.
	I don't know where to find roadtest data on a Scirocco II with the 1.7L
motor, but I'm sure somebody else probably does.
	-Josiah
	'84 GTI
	'87 QSW
	'86 Golf