Re: Lows on w/Highs

Rich Zuk wrote:

> HTH
> ps....relays, relays, relays!!!
> pss...do as Andre (and now I), run a jumper wire so the low beams stay on
> when the high beams are activated.
> meaning...110W low
> and 510W high versus 400W high

   If anyone is interested, I put up the diagrams that show how to wire
up the car to keep the lows on with the highs.  One diagram is the
actual wiring diagram from a Mk2 16v (albeit it seems as if most VWs
used this scheme so it should work for all of yous) and the other is
a diagram showing where to put the jumper wire.

  http://24.5.122.61/andre/low_high/

In that diagram I included a toggle switch, but that can be omitted
should you want to keep your lows on with your highs at all times.  Rich
and I agree to leave the toggle switch out =p .  Keep in mind that you
will need to be using relays with this setup or else you will fry your
stock switch.  You need at least your lows or your highs to be relayed.
Also, I recommend to leave the fuse in there, unless you
did what I did, used a 3" piece of jumper wire that is fastned very
tightly to the wires (so it doesnt come loose).  Ciao!