Audio nuts only

I have just inherited a JBL 12" subwoofer and box. But I don't no what type
of amp to get for it or how to hook it up in the rocco.  I currently have six
speakers off of a Clarion CD player.  JBL componants in the front and pioneer
5 1/4 in the rear.  But I also have two rca outputs that are not being used,
Shoud I use these for the subwoofer?  What is a crossover and do I need it?
As you can tell I don't have much experience with audio besides changing
speakers. I have two rca's but only one subwoofer how will this work.  Thanks
in advance for any help.

Brian 86 16v