From: Neal Tovsen [mailto:ntovsen@piper.hamline.edu]
Sent: 09 June 1999 14:09
To: Smith, Mike
Subject: Re: 16V cylinder heads

Nope. No Polo in the US :-(

Actually, the hot 16v setup over here seems to be the 1.8l head on the 2.0
block. The 1.8 head tends to produce more high-end HP while sacrificing a
tad bit of torque. I have also heard of success running CIS-Motronic on
this engine, though my understanding is that it usually isn't worth it. It
may be worth it for your supercharger plans, tho.

A lot of people like Schrick cams, but they're expensive here, too, and
usually make an engine that has less power in the RPM range most people
drive. You have to be over 4000 rpm all the time to feel the increase from
the Schricks. I just talked to my mechanic last week, who feels that for
street performance, the european intake cam is the best setup because it
adds HP without decreasing torque. I'm not sure which intake cam (US or
German spec) you got with the engine, but if you got the euro, it might be
worth trying it, especially if you're considering the supercharger.

Let us know how it goes!

Neal

*****
*****
are addressed.

If you have received this email in error please notify our mail
manager at mailman@icm-computer.co.uk

Ver 1.0 1999 ICM Computer Group plc