Fan switch wiring harness is shot any suggestions???

Listers,
	My fan switch wiring harness is shot, one of the wires is so
corroded it barely makes contact, and its  frayed. I noticed that the
plug is sealed where it goes into the fan switch at the bottom of the
radiator. Coul I just run new wires, and leave the switch unprotected?
Can I order a new wiring harness for this switch? Any input is
apprecciated as the car is running very hot without the fan. Thanks,
								Gary
Huff
								Highland
Technologies