RE: VR6 in Mk1, 17s on mkII

Hi All,

Thanks to those who replied about the 17's. I shall definitely be going
ahead with this.
The wheels are Fittipaldi split five spokes (I don't know the name)
apparently imported to the UK from the US? Does anyone know which ones I'm
talking about?
They already have 215 40 17 Goodyear Eagle F1s on, so even the tyres look
nice!

Re: VR6s into Sciroccos, do it, do it! You know it makes sense!
There is a mkI in the UK with a 2.9 VR6 and it has no body or structural
mods at all! The guy has fabricated his own mounts from the standard
locations on the engine and gearbox to connect to the standard Scirocco
mounting points, and it looks factory (it also looks quite easy). He used
the proper VR6 exhaust manifold, and modified the VR6 downpipe (header?) to
go over the anti-roll bar. The gearbox side driveshaft is mkII GTX (larger
inner CV joint than mkI) but the engine side one was fabricated (I think).
All the mounts use polyurethane bushes - if the engine moves more than 1/4
inch it will touch something!

It goes well!

I hope to do this conversion to my mkII GTX sometime next year :-)

Mike Smith

'86 Scirocco GTX (17's, pearl blue paint)
'87 Polo Coupe (8x14's, 2.0 16V supercharged, no paint yet!)