VR6 in Mk1, how? HELP!!!

The Purple Mk1 owner in South Africa has purchased a VR6 and plans on
putting it in but he isnt quite sure how to go about it.  He emailed me
with the following message.

> Andre do you know of anybody that has fitted a VR6 engine on a
> MK1, I am looking to fit a VR6 on my car I have bought the engine
> but the golf VR6 engine and gearbox mountings are completely
> different to mine, any advice/opinion?

  If anyone knows someone or a page that they can refer him to, PLEASE
do.  His email is

 mndawo@jhi.co.za

Any help/URLs you can give him would be greatly appreciated.  Please
keep opinions to yourself.  Everyone has one, and they all stink  =p