[tech] oil cooler inst. Done

So last night at around 7:30 I decided to finish installing the oil
cooler kit I bought a while back. It is a used unit from Autotech,
featuring the European GTi filter mount, braided hoses, and cooler.

I had already fabricated the brackets and mounted the cooler, so all that
was left was to yank out the old stuff and put in the new.

I had deciced to go retro in bypassing the watercooled oilcooler. All the
planning I did actully paid off. I got a coolant outlet flange and
heater-to-waterpump hose from a non-oilcoolered and the fit was perfect.

The one snag I ran into was that one of the AC hoses blocked the larger
filter mount by about 1/2 inch. Fortunately I was able to loosen the nut
and twist the hose to make it fit (the metal pipe connector from the
hose to the AC compressor is slightly bent, so twisting it moved the
hose)

Anyway, after a test run, I spotted no leaks, which is, like, a first for
me. :) I left the grille off for today, so that I'd be able to inspect
things. I'll be driving with the AC on today. :)

Anyone interested in a more complete write up, just let me know.

Jonas
85 Scirocco blastin' the AC.