Rabbit help

Listers,

I have been reading mail from the list for a few months now and I have
finally caught up on my reading so I can actually ask a question and read
the response without going through 200+ messages (that's how much I had to
go through tonight).

Although I don't have a Scirocco, this is the best place for me to get
answers for my problems since my engine and trans is from a 88 16v (don't
worry, it was totalled).
The 1.8L 16v engine and trans and axles were transplanted into my 77 Rabbit.
It has a lot of cool stuff on it including 90 Corado wheels and 195/50 15's
but I can give details later.  Now for the questions:

1.  What does it usually mean when the idle revs from 600-1500 then back
continuously at idle?  Fuel mixture?  Vacuum leak?

2.  Since the transplant I have MAJOR torque steer.  Is this fixable or do I
have to install a limited slip?

3.  One of my valves taps after it should be fully pumped up.  Do I need a
new lifter?  (it does have around 140k miles on it).

4.  Does anyone make a performance chip for the Scirocco 16v?  Or can they
even be upgraded?

5.  Did I miss the get together in Woodburn or is in the first weekend in
June?  If I didn't miss it is anyone from the Western Washington State
going?  I'd go if someone went with!

I have other questions too but I don't want to overwelm the list and or
whoever decides to try to answer all my questions.

THANX

Dave
77 Rabbit 16v Screamer