Re: euro light curiosity, got my rims [long]

>>You will find, in fact, that very few euro cars have headlight levelling,
at
>>least not the average, run of the mill models. I've never seen them on a
>>Scirocco, or in fact any VW older than a year or two. I suppose most MBs,
>>BMWs and high-end VW/audis have them these days but your average
>>Ford/Vauxhall(GM)/etc... pretty rare.
> Hmmm... strange.  Every car we had when we lived in Germany had it... as
> did all of my friends' cars... well, except an '82 Opel Kadett... which,
> admittedly had an adjustment, just not remote from inside the car.  Maybe
> Germany's a bit more into the adjusters than Britain?
>
> Just a thought...
> Jason

Hello,
in Germany it is law that every car newer than about 1990,
no matter if Mercedes or Fiat MUST have this in-car dial
for headlight - levelling.

more Scirocco content :
today I got my 16" MOMO rims that Adam Vigus from Seattle sent me.
they look great but I don't think that I get them street legal here
because they are american ones, and  there is not even a
part-number or the name printed on them. Must have been
faded away earlier when they were polished...  :-(

In spite of that I could not wait to put them on my car,
 so I have thrown them in the trunk of the '84 GTX
that has still the winter wheels mounted
and drove to the next shop to mount some tires on the new rims.
As it is law here, that the wheels must be completely covered
by the fenders, the largest tire size I could mount was 205/50/16.
After that, they bolted up the wheels to the car again and I wanted
to drive out the garage but ... oops, I could not steer, the
older style GTX bodykit was blocking the wheel when steering.
so eine Scheiße !! ( big bullshit )
it was depressing to leave the new wheels at the shop and
to drive home again on 155/70/13 winter-wheels instead.

so with the help of a  a saw, a big rubber hammer a wooden club and
all the frustration in me ( it was one of those days I better stayed in
bed )
I made some extra space for the new wheels.
so I'm prepared tomorrow for the second attempt to mount them....

... if I succeed, I'l put a picture up on my site tomorrow.

have a nice weekend !!
dirk
montego-black '83 53b GTX 1.8l  carbed - no more cat
montego-black '84 53b GTX 1.8l  inj.
http://home.t-online.de/home/SCIROCCO/index2.htm