Free Parts, and an Air Conditioning Question

Free Part offer and a question:

1)  FREE to FIRST taker:  one used Driver Side Rear View Mirror Assembly
[the entire enchilada] for a Scirocco.  It may have come from a Rabbit
or something.  All I ask is to be reimbursed for some postage, whatever
you think is fair.  You can send me the postage cost after you get it.
Mirror is somewhat corroded on the back, like they all are, but you can
put an aftermarket cover mirror on it.

2)  FREE to FIRST taker:  one BRAND NEW front engine rubber mount worth
about 30 bucks for a Scirocco MK2.  All I ask is for reimbursement for
some postage, whatever you think is fair.  You can send me the postage
cost after you get the part.

Question:  My air conditioning in my 86 roc hasn't worked since I got
it.  I'm thinking of getting it professionally repaired before I head
cross country next month.  Does anyone have any advice, or suggestions
or warnings?  Is it worth it, or will I lose pressurization before a few
weeks have gone by?  Would A/C repairs last very long in an '86 Roc?
I've been off the list for a while, so I apologize if you have discussed
this.

Michael Ravnitzky
mikerav@ix.netcom.com