Re: Wheels

On Wed, 28 Jul 1999 23:13:42 -0400 "Peterson/Doty"
<bdoty@columbus.rr.com> writes:

>I just bought new wheels for my roc and was wondering if I should use
>any thread-lock or anti-seize for the bolts.

It never hurts. Especially if you live in a salt intense environment.

>Should I torque the
>bolts to any certain spec?

75-80ft lbs should be adequate. Some people swear by torquing wheel
bolts, others scoff at it. I had one guy laugh at me for torquing my then
steel wheels but it does make a difference.

You might want to verify this number with the vendor or maker of your
wheels, just to be safe.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and