From: Chris M [mailto:pb1113@hotmail.com]
Sent: 28 July 1999 17:14
To: scirocco-L@scirocco.org
Subject: Did I just get ripped off?

I just took my Scirocco in to the VW dealer and they're charging me $250
(US) to change the water pump and timing belt.  Is this a fair price or did
I just get screwed?  Seems a little high to me.  I provided the water pump
and they're charging me $30 for the belt, leaving $220 in the balance for
3.5 hours labor. I know what profession I should have gone into.....

comments?

Oh, almost forgot....saw a silver 8v on Midland street in Bay City, Michigan

the other morning...anyone on the list?

Chris M.
81 "GTI"
82 Scirocco