Re: Waterfest Fun!

At 10:51 PM 7/26/99 , Peter Walsh wrote:
>Hey all,
>
>So, I got back from Waterfest about 8 hours ago, I had a blast.  Did
>everyone enjoy the PreNight Show in the parking lot and the "Drag Strip"???
>Anyone see the 450 Horse TurboVr6 Corrado just boil the tires in every gear
>until he ran out of room? How about the FOX doing Burnouts and the police
>coming to the hotel b/c of us.  Whats the deal w/ Bret almost getting
>arrested? I dont remember this.

Hey everyone,
	I'm still in NYC, but I hope everyone had a safe and uneventful trip home...

	For those who left early, we had three winners (okay, two winners and a
1/2 loser) from the list at the show:

	Brett got 1st place for Modified Sciroccos
	Jan Folkson got 1st place for Stock Sciroccos
	I got 3rd place for Stock.

As far as getting arrested, I'll leave Brett to tell the story on why he
almost got arrested, cause he'll tell it a lot funnier than I will.  I
will, however, confess that I almost got arrested _again_... this time with
poor lister Riley McDowall & girlfriend in the car, who were courageous
enough to fly out from BC, and then get in my car.

Why?  Well, let's just say it involves a 4-wheel, tail-out, screetching
halt to a stop with the ass end of my car stopping just a few feet short of
a police car blocking the road.  However, since I ain't one to gossip, I
won't say that both Ben Harder and Brett fell victim to the same
treacherous curve in their 16Vs... :)

Whoops, did I say that out loud?

Jason