RE: Re: Need your advise here!

Well, the clutch problems can be caused by things other than a worn out
clutch disk.
The components that part-take in the whole mechanism are:

Clutch pedal, clutch cable, throwout bearing, clutch pushrod, pressure
plate, and clutch disk.

To replace/check the pressure plate and/or clutch disk the entire tranny
must be taken out of the car. This is a big job and takes about the 5
hours that the shop charges.

So it is logical to check all of the components not requiring tranny
removal before anything else.

The main part is the clutch cable, these can get stretched or break their
mounting places.
The trowout bearing and clutch pushrod also can get worn out, but less
common. You have to remove the "end cover" on the tranny to get to them.
It is the round green plate accessible from the driver's side wheel
well.

What exactly are your symptoms. Difficulty shifting? Like the clutch not
disengaging? Please give more info.

HTH

Jonas
85 Scirocco