euro turn signals

I was just loooking through my autotech cataloge and saw the euro turn signals that have the black lenses, but when they are turned on they shine amber.  has anyone out there used these?  i really like the idea of adding more black to my red 88 16v'er....  my dad has already painted the "high rise" middle of the hood black with black pinstripe around it..... and NEED MORE BLACK!!.....  also if anyone has any kicking around.....  i really want a set but don't want to sheel out $40!
TIA!
Corey