Re: need help asap:RE: removing a/c

At 02:34 AM 7/23/99 -0400, Doolbnroht@aol.com wrote:
>we've bought the new bracket from vw for removing all the a/c stuff. we've
>run into a problem(keep in mind the car is a 16v scirocco w/power steering)
>we need to know what alternator can be used in conjunction with this new
>bracket to allow for clearance and tensioning(under the lower intake
>manifold) for the belt. is this how this brackett is going to work or are we
>missing a big step elsewhere? tia!
>-alan

I have the Bosch alt with the two mounting tabs, as opposed to the
motorolas with one wide mount.  I also have just ps.

John Worden
Old Town, Maine

'98 Dodge Dakota 4x4
'81 Volkswagen Scirocco(Mk1) soon to be 2.0 16V.  The engine is out/
 and all electrical is pretty much done.
'69 MGB- in need of total resoration(needs some front fenders too)