Re: 3 into 1

>I read someone writing about the 3 into 1 exhaust system from Autotech so I
>went to the web site and checked on prices.  First of all, is the 3 into 1
>some kind of header or is it a manifold, second, it lists A1's, jettas, and
>sciroccos separately from the 16v.  Is this because the exhaust is different
>or what?  There is quite a difference in price.
>
>Dave
>77 Rabbit 16v

You probably mean 4 into 1?  As in four exhaust ports, 4 tubes, down
into a single collector...?

If so, then yes, it's a header.  Designed to replace the exhaust
manifold, and downpipe, and most likely the cat too.  The exhaust
configuration is different for the 16v head, so that's why there's
a different (more expensive, because it fits fewer cars) header
for a 16v.

==Brett