Re: Bubble Block Clear-up

T Berk wrote:

> Already I knew to look for the Audi bubble short block to mate up to my
> '84 GTI head
> (snip)
> And, does all the same conversion tips still apply as to the Audi 80
> bubbler?

Well, remember that the VW distributor won't fit into the hole in the block
without a special centering ring. You'll also need the gear from the end of
the Audi distributor if you want to retrofit the VW unit. Therefore, you'll
almost definitely want to wire in the Audi's knock sensor ignition.

I didn't do this last year because I ran out of time right before rally
season started. Besides during rallies, I run my car on 114 octane gas
anyway. 94 octane seems to work fine on the street -even during the summer.
Anything less than this is a problem, though.
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut