Bubble Block Clear-up

Already I knew to look for the Audi bubble short block to mate up to my
'84 GTI head. Now it seems that other than Audi had these same bubble
blocks. Can it be true? :)

Around the corner from me is a Jetta with a caved in trunk, (ouch!). I
was scheming on asking how much they might want to part the thing out.
heh heh. Oh, might just be a 1.8.

So, if I'm in the bone yard I should look out for VW A3 16v, Audi
80/90s, or what...?

(I'm not that interested in a tall block engine.)

And, does all the same conversion tips still apply as to the Audi 80
bubbler?

tia,
TBerk