Re: TechTonics test harness for checking CIS-E

---Victor Farren <vfarren@rrs.cdie.org> wrote:

> I was looking at the TT website b/c my buddy was telling me that they
> had a good price on digital multi-meters ($25!).  I looked at the
> price for the test harness for checking CIS-E and I can't believe they
> want $30 for it!  What the heck are they giving you for this price????
>

> I imagine it is a bunch of the 'right' sized clips etc to easily clip
> into all the components that you want to check, but hey, lets get
> real, $30???  I bet you can find all of this stuff at a decent
> electronics store and build your own harness for a fraction of the
> cost.  Thing is, I don't know what sized clips to get.

Actually, you can't...buy them at any electronics store that is.  I got
a really great deal on Bosch style connectors (for my forever late fuel
enrichment device) and I feel lucky to have paid only like $10 each...
which is only _one_ end of the harness that TT is selling.  There's another
Bosch connector on the other end.  I think $30 is a bargin really, of
course, you can just go junk yarding like I did for my CIS-E test
harnesses. :)

There's no listing in the Newark Electronics catalog for these connectors,
and that's a huge 1000+ page tome of just about _everything_ in electronics.

==Brett