RE: Re: Getting rid of my AC

T Berk wrote:

>The A/C equipped cars use two pulleys on the crank, down low. These
>serve two different sets of pulleys up above.

ummm, I'm not sure of the setup on the early cars, But on my 85 w/AC (the
same as the 84 I think), there is only one belt (other than the timing
belt) that goes on the crank. It drives the WP and the AC. The AC then
has a dual pulley, the inner of which drives the Alt. Cars with PS use a
second belt on the crank to drive that system.

>The idea is to replace the Alt mounting bracket AND swap the water pump
>pulley for one that is offset from the one you have now.

If you swap in an offset WP pulley but keep the crank pulley the same,
how are they still in line? Are you running the belt on the -other-
crank pulley?

Trying to learn something new everyday

Jonas
85 Scirocco