Re: body shell trolley

"John C. Worden" wrote:

> That's a very good idea.  Many people who restore cars do that.  My friend
> has a GTX sitting on one now  with plety of room underneath to work.  When
> I do my MGB I'll build one for it too, unless I can make a rotisserie.

a rotisserie?, you mean something that'll allow you to spin the car on it's
axis? do they make those... doesn't the car weigh too much? that would be
*VERY* useful!! How would it mount to the car for it to be safe enough?

my friend just tipped his scirocco on it's side on the grass to do his floors
.. i'd do it too but i'm afraid of warping/crushing the rear body panels (his
front fenders and the doors were off at the time)... anyways, i'm sure if i
tried, the damn thing would flip over onto it's roof.

speaking of floors, does anyone know what those circular metal disks are in
the floor panels?, they're about half a foot in diameter, two on each side
(you can see the shape of them if you look under your car). One of mine looks
a bit rusty. Do they just pop out so that i can sand blast them?

-nigel.