Fwd: a quick question before i kill myself!!!

---- Begin included message ----

hello list:

i recently attempted to replace my worn brake pads.........quite successfully
i will add.
i used semi-metallic pads instead of the "factory suggested" organic
pads......to make a long story short the car stops a shitload better but
squeaks.....anyway tonight i decided caliper paint would be a good
idea....after disassembling the various parts of the caliper on the front
left side i realized that i am missing a piece......the little circular cap
thingy that fits over the end of the "barrel" 	part of the caliper.  The car
seems to have been driving without this piece for a little while now without
any noticeable difference.......please tell me if this piece is a "life and
death item" before i end my life driving my shoebox into something a lot
larger.

                                                    much appreciated,

	Rob the slob
---- End included message ----