Pressure plate to crank question(I am seriously screwed right now)

Ok, one of the holes for a pressure plate has a few of the outer threads
messed up.  The new bolt will not go in.  I tried an old one and no luck.
I tried, gently, tapping it(tried with both) with a mallet and still can't
get it to start.  So I check out the taps and what do you know-It's an odd
size that nobody around here has.  My only hope is that I can get a hold of
the mysterious SnapOn man, whom nobody knows a phone number for or this
list.  Is there some way any of you are fairly certain or know to get that
bolt in?  BTW the tap is 10(maybe 11)mm and 1.0 pitch; It's the pitch for
that big a bolt that is odd apparently.

John Worden
Old Town, Maine

'98 Dodge Dakota 4x4
'81 Volkswagen Scirocco(Mk1) soon to be 2.0 16V.  The engine is out/
 and all electrical is pretty much done.
'69 MGB- in need of total resoration(needs some front fenders too)