RE: First Autocross! Woohoo!

Just got back from my 2nd AutoX, myself! I think I'll be purchasing a helmet
for myself soon, which I guess means I'm addicted. I saw a few rather nice
cars today, including very nice old and new RX7's (both were faster than me,
but in different classes, thankfully), a Carerra 4s, a Maserati Biturbo, a
Lotus Esprit Turbo, and...get this...an honest-to-goodness Ford GT40. Holy
s**t, that was a WICKED car!

No other Sciroccos to compare with, but my times were right with the other
VW's in CSP-T. Considering it's only my second run, I'm very happy! In my
first race, I was about 2 or 3 seconds behind most of those guys, so it was
a major improvement. There was a Honda Civic Si and a CRX that were beating
the piss out of us by a good second or two tho...grrr. They had good setups
and really knew how to drive!

AutoX is one of those sports where the world would be a better place if
everyone did it. Can you imagine if everyone on the road had driving
experience like that and knew their cars that well? Even the SUV's might
learn a thing or two...

Neal