Re: [TECH] [INJECTION] Fuel Pump (1981 Scirocco)

Where is the intank filter? Didn't know there was one. I think the rust
has all worked itself out now (if there was any), because when the last
pump died, I took it apart, and it appeared to be a manufacturing defect
that caused it to fail. This one seems to be doing fine so far (thanks,
Brian!)
	I've had seven different pumps in my GTI.
	I know that pump #1 didn't work in the first place (brand new)
	Pump #2 was the same as pump #1 (they were both stupid AutoZone pumps)
	Pump #3 died from a really exceptionally lousy electrical connection,
and besides it wasn't a Bosch anyway, it just kindof worked, for awhile.
I got this one because I called up Blackstone (the manufacturer of the
AutoZone pump) and hassled them about the fact that their pumps didn't
work until they sent me one that did (for free)
	Pump #4 died from a clogged fuel filter (it was close to dying anyway -
junkyard pump)
	Pump #5 died for the same reason as pump #4
	Pump #6 died due to a manufacturing defect. I FINALLY bought a brand-
new Bosch and replaced the fuel filter at the same time, and it was
working great, no problems, and then one day my brother drove the car to
Henniker, parked it, came back out to start it again, and the pump was
seized.
	Pump #7 is doing great so far. We'll see : )
	-Josiah