Re: Me and the beginnings of the rally shitrocco

VWN8@aol.com wrote:

> As far as the sunroof, i've read id weighs about 25lbs over not having one. To
> compound the weight issue it's up high (wouldn't matter as much if it was
> between the wheels). I would
> remove it, cut the tracks out of the interior and then weld or rivot in a
> cover, posible with rally style roof vents.

Eliminating the sunroof completely might be a good idea. Not only is it extra
weight up high, but it makes for less headroom. With a helmet on, there ain't
much room! I'm 5'9" and drive a Rabbit (with sunroof) and there isn't a hell of
a lot more space left. On the other hand, the sunroof can make a nifty escape
hatch if you wedge yourself between two trees and the doors can't be opened.
I've actually seen that done before!

At any rate, vents on the roof are a definite must, though. They bring in fresh
air and actually pressurize the cabin keeping the dust out.
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut