Re: Welding exhaust manifolds

--- Mark A Peele <scirocco.gtx@juno.com> wrote:
> I don't know.
>
> I had a cracked (hairline fractures) manifold (more than
> once)  - I
> looked into having it welded, but every place I tried
> said that you can't
> weld cast iron.  Since then (late 1980s)  I have resorted
> to simply
> replacing them.

I called around on my lunch hour as well, sounds like I
definatly need a manifold.  Anybody got a spare 16v exhaust
manifold?  (I asked the other day...  got ONE response and
haven't heard from him again)  I need one ASAP.

Thanks again!

===
Daun Yeagley
'79 Scirocco
'85 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."  - Dave Barry