Re: Welding exhaust manifolds

I don't know.

I had a cracked (hairline fractures) manifold (more than once)  - I
looked into having it welded, but every place I tried said that you can't
weld cast iron.  Since then (late 1980s)  I have resorted to simply
replacing them.

On Fri, 16 Jul 1999 13:03:31 -0400 (EDT) Daun Yeagley <vwdaun@yahoo.com>
writes:
> Hey,
>
> Anybody know if this is possible?  My 16v exhaust manifold
> has cracked and I'm just lookin' at my options.  Anybody
> ever do this?
>
> TIA!
>
> ===
> Daun Yeagley
> '79 Scirocco
> '85 Scirocco 8v
> '88 Scirocco 16v
> There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."  -
> Dave Barry
> If you experience other problems, email:
> scirocco-l-probs@scirocco.org

Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco S, 1982 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
Then there's Kristen's '78 Scirocco
http://home.t-online.de/home/Scirocco2/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM