[tech] attn POTATO! muffler part number

dave sent me this email, but my router cant get back to him, so here it is!

I got a 12614 magnaflow muffler, the 6" dia. round bodied one.

It's listed as a 2" inlet outlet, however, the core is 2 1/4" so my shop
just expanded the inlets to 2 1/4" no problem
I couldn't find a cheap retailer anywhere, so i had to just buy it from the
shop for 80 bucks..... i'm sure if you looked you could get it for 50 or 60
Summit or Jegs couldn't get em

with a header it'll be loud i think, but you have a midpipe/resonator and I
dont, so it'll probably be about the same volume. I just have a dual outlet
manifold and autotech downpipe.
My friend commented that when i was behind him and floored it in the high
revs, the exhaust was so loud it sounded like i was in front of him!
hahaahah, i love it!

I've got an 81. this muffler will fit all A1's AFAIK cuz 81 had the
fullsize spare with now room for the muffler

At 12:35 AM 7/14/99 -0400, you wrote:

>can you tell me the exact model muffler you got?.....i'm going to try a
>new one when i finish dropping the 2.0l 16v into my car.....i already have
>a supersprint header and techtonics midpipe.....just want a straight
>through muffler.....
>
>did you get it from summit?......what year is your car?
>
>dave

aventari
icq#21583385
Protect privacy, boycott Intel: http://www.bigbrotherinside.org