RE: 16v parts

> power door locks
> inside door panels (all black, without the silver trim striping, like Neal
> Tovsen's 88 16v that was at the Cincy get-together)

You know, I was looking at my 88 vs. my 87 the other day, and my 87 has the
silver chrome trim in the notch below the window. I think they're the same
door panel, but that strip is probably just taped or glued in. FYI, the door
insert where the door handle is IS black/grey checkered cloth on my car, but
it just didn't have that chrome piece above it. I *think* that, if you have
leather interior, the insert is black (leather or vinyl?). Looking at my 87,
I wonder if you could just pull up that chrome strip and use some Goo Gone
(or other acetone-based product) to remove any glue or tape residue. Of
course, there may be holes under there, but I wouldn't think so...

It does look better without the chrome, IMHO.

Neal