Re: sound proofing

Nigel Heron wrote:

> Should i use DynaMat (sp?)

I've never heard particularly impressive comments about that stuff. There
are alternatives. However, I've never heard of any sound deadening miracle
material. We can put men on the moon but we can't make feather weight sound
blocking panels? Hrrrmmphh... :^(

> would the noise be unbearable if i didn't reinstall this stuff,

To tell the truth, that is a matter of perception. I've never had a Scirocco
that I'd actually describe as "quiet". And my Rabbit GTI rallycar, a.k.a.
"Warpig", a.k.a. "the daily driver" (yep!), has absolutely no interior
whatsoever. We're talking about straight up sheet metal. I guess that I'm
used to the racket or maybe I'm deaf by now.

It is loud but I can handle it. If you've got a radio in the car though,
concentrate on adding more power. Don't radically compromise your car by
removing just 35lbs of sound deadening.
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut