Re: Oil Temp Gauge

Duffy Penski wrote:

> Ok guys I need your expertise ;) I just received an oil temp gauge (50-150
> celsius) and I want to put it next to my voltmeter. I have an 86 8v...first
> off I probably need an oil temp probe and sender unit and such, where could
> I find one? Where/how would I install it to? Do I need anything else? Thanks
> for your help in advance
>
> Duffy Penski
> mpcd@mediaone.net
> 86 8v

many roccos came with the sender; those that came with that gauge instead of the
voltmeter and all vws with the MFA trip computer should have the sender. The
sender is located just above the oil filter in the metal "neck" thing that
sticks out of the block (what's that thing called anyways?). I think it's the
one with the green/black wire (from memory.. i might be wrong). if you don't
have one, get it from a scrap yard, should be dirt cheap. When you install it
use a new washer, oil leaking from there will empty your engine really quick.

-nigel.
86 Scirocco
85 Scirocco
http://scirocco.psycode.com/