Re: Euro Cam for 8V Owners!

Hey Norm. It's hard to say without knowing the duration as well. But my
Crane is a 280/428 and is nicely lumpy at idle and vey spirited over 3000.
The 260 sounds too mild IMO. In CDN funds, I paid $200 for my Crane, new.
Mind you Schrick does make nice stuff. Can you put it in yourself or would
you be relying on a mechanic................if so, it may outweigh the
actual performance this cam will give you. It sounds close to the stock
G-grind cam to me. To save money and get a bit of a boost without spending
oodles of cash.........get a VW 1.6 or 1.7 cam.......it is an upgrade to the
stock 1.8. Couple it with a dual manifold/outlet exhaust and you'll get some
nice performance about equal and likely much cheaper even with the install.
The other option is to actually price some new cams that are in your
performance range and see from there. You can check Crane and
Crower.....they'll both likely be in that ($260) range price wise. Just look
into the cam fully before dropping money on this one and maybe being a bit
disappointed if it doesn't have the "oomph" you might figure you'd get. Of
course you realize..........once you put a cam in, the stock manifold HAS to
go. I have a header waiting for install...........a header and aggressive
cam are a GREAT combo.............believe me.
    The assumption here is that you have a 1.8 equipped Roc.........that
posting never said what year or engine. If a 74 thru 82 (maybe
83.......GUYS????) it will have the dual outlet and downpipe already. But
after a cam install...........maybe ven before, up the exhaust size to 2"
and exhaust manifold to better than the single CRAP outlet.
    Hope this helps you out.

       Verne :
     '84 Wolfsburg 8v Roc
     '91 Passat GL (Wife's car)
     '97 Norco Lobos Comp (Full-susp)
     '89 Wicked Fat Chance...gone but not forgotten.
     '93 Scott Boulder
     http://www.skyia.com/~vwman/h2ovw.htm     <---my car and general pics
     http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Track/2830/   <---A1 pics only !!!!