Re: Euro Cam

At 10:02 AM 7/12/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Anyone actually have this installed in their car?  If so please let me know
>what you think.. Scott Williams was helpful with some advice, but want
>to hear someones experience.  Also, if anyone put the Autotech 16v
>sport cam set in on a basically stoct 1.8.  Again, hands on expeirence.

I had the Euro intake cam on my 1.8L 16v Jetta.  More LESS torque, but
more bhp up high.  Tried the larger Euro intake manifold. THAT was
a major mistake, goodbye torque!  Until I had more headwork than
you would believe...  Then it seemed to matter.  But at that point I
should have done the bottom as well, but I sold the car to a friend
for a project car.

I think the stock cams are a good road choice.  Do a bottom end
instead.  Better results from that than a cam.

Ed